Monday 13 April 2015

Preview I-Saloni Milan

This time tomorrow I will be en route to I-Saloni in Milan , courtesy of Posh Bathing.

In terms of European design experiences it is huge. Now in its 54th year, there are over 2000 exhibitors and 200,000 sq metres of exhibition space. While on show will be areas dedicated to Classic, Modern, and Design - there are some fantastic exhibitions.

Euroluce will be interesting this year as UNESCO has announced that 2015 is International Year of Light  . I urge you to follow that link. If you have read any of my blogs you will be aware how important lighting is whether you are in a care home, living with dementia or just a teenager who finds it hard to wake up in the morning. A little link here 

In Italy is another exhibition of great interest to me. This video presentation is about presenting Italian design from craftsmanship through to modern day. My love of Arts and Crafts, materials, industrial design revolution, design, technology, products - not to mention Italian design, inauguration via Memphis Collective back in 80's. Can you tell I am excited!

Navigating your way around an exhibition is hard work on the feet and brain. However this experience only lasts for a few days. What if your work environment was challenging in space?

The Walk is an exhibit within I-Saloni .
I -Saloni press "“We should think of the workspace as a gymnasium for the mind, conceiving it as a place where relationships generate new ideas and possibilities. The office of the future should be visualised with the focus on lifestyles unfettered by convention, evolving spaces that perpetuate an endless stream of new ideas”, says architect architect architect Michele De Michele De Lucchi."
This is a thought founders of new schools should also carry in their head.

This line of thinking entirely up my street.

Ok, there's much more to see.
Furniture, marble, block colours, some new design statement furniture I love! Great lighting,

Not giving it all way, this is after all a preview :)

No comments:

Post a Comment